Effective Family Law Solutions For Mississippi Clients
If you are working to resolve disputes in the legal system, it is important to work with a lawyer who has handled similar experiences before. At the law office of Suzanne Baker-Steele, Attorney At Law, P.L.L.C., we have over 30 years of experience representing clients throughout Biloxi and South Mississippi. During our years of practice, we have consistently helped clients find effective solutions to their legal matters and provided competent guidance through the legal process. We represent clients whose legal needs include:
- Divorce: We represent clients in all aspects of marital dissolution, including division of marital property, spousal support/maintenance and prenuptial agreements. We also work with clients to determine the most appropriate spousal support for their situation — periodic, lump sum or rehabilitative.
- Custody and support: We work with parents to establish arrangements for quality time with and financial support for child custody and child support arrangements. Each of these is based on a number of factors, and we can help you understand what the court will be looking for in its determination.
- Modifications: If your circumstances have changed since a custody or support arrangement was determined, we can help modify the existing arrangements. We work with clients in alimony modifications, visitation modifications, child custody modifications and child support modifications.
- Enforcements: When your former spouse is not complying with an existing court order, we can help you file for enforcement of the court order for child support, alimony, visitation, property division matters and others in Chancery Court.
- Adoption: We represent parents in private and interstate actions. Due to a recent change in the law, nonrelative adopting parents are now required to have a household evaluation completed. We can help you understand your rights throughout the process. We also handle matters involving the termination of parental rights.
- Probate: After a person dies, everything in their estate must be transferred to another person. We work with administrators and executors throughout the probate process to value and distribute assets and identify and resolve all debts.
- Estate planning: Financial and medical powers of attorney, wills and trusts can save your resources. We can also update your existing estate plan after your divorce.